December 2014

December 2014

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Ready. Set. Write! Week 6 Check In

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiY-qL448GucjgszPhb7UNQGsqNyKj92zSGaPwgtq9swWEs4TaCtpIZv6yEzH92vwM8S2CCDJlY4bw9-RQuq4Lk-_A-Dk6yKiaqHtb_teblp8J4g_qhJjbnh3FyLgUrZjxM1tK0eEVBwGM/s1600/RSW11.png
Thanks for stopping by and for the support over the past weeks!  Just a reminder, here are the lovely ladies hosting this link up: AlisonJamieKatyErin, & Elodie.

    ●How I did on last weeks goal(s):
I think I'm still in my slump, only got 1252 words instead of my 2000 goal. Definitely was not motivated this week. Plus work was still insanely busy, so just felt like chilling after work and not writing.

     ●My goal(s) for this week:
I think I am at a point in my story that I need to do a read-through. I'm nearing the end of my outline and I know there are lots of plot holes and things I am missing. With this being my first novel, I think I need to really see where I am at story wise and make a game plan.
So, Goal 1: Read through full story
Goal 2: Write 1 new scene


   ●A favorite line from my story OR a word or phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised:
Frustrated. See above. 


    ●The biggest challenge I faced this week (ie finding time to write, getting sick, having writers block, etc):
Motivation was a big one for me this week. I'll be on a plane this week Wednesday-Thursday, so that will be my big writing time for the week.

    ●Something I love about my WIP:
Even though I feel like I'm hitting a wall, I still love the story and the characters. Looking forward to really delving into it this week!

I hope you have a productive week!!!



3 comments:

  1. I love writing on planes; there is nothing else to tear away your attention. I hope it helps get you motivated again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing on planes is a great way to boost wordcount (a pity it's so expensive). Enjoy the boost. If you're anything like me, you'll probably find yourself inspired to write more even after you've been on the ground a few days too.

    As for not meeting your goals... you wrote. And it does get harder to write when you know you've got things to keep straight. So go for that read through. And enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I always say, progress is progress, big or small!

    I've never written on a plane, but I imagine it could work. ;) Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete