December 2014

December 2014

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A Day in My Life - Maternity Leave Edition

As I am writing this, I am back to work, boo hoo!  But I wanted to show you a glimpse of my life on maternity leave.  Eventually I will also do a day in my life - Back to Work edition, so that I can compare the two!  So here it goes!

It is Tuesday, September 17th.
I hear Zack starting to stir, darn he didn't sleep through the night.
I get out of bed at 5:27am to feed him.  Usually he's been sleeping til 6:45-7, but I guess he's hungry early.  I breastfeed him, but he's awake and wants to play, so we hang out in bed for a bit.  He finally gets sleepy again, and we are back in bed at 6:27am.
7:30am I hear the patter of feet, my 3 year old, Kaitlyn is awake. Zack is still sleeping so I get some cuddle time with my girl.  The hubs gets up and gets ready for work. I get Kaitlyn dressed while Andrew gets her lunch together.
8-8:15am Andrew and Kaitlyn leave for school.  Since on maternity leave, Andrew has been the one taking and picking up Kaitlyn from school. It's been so nice! But since I'll be going back soon, I agree to pick up Kaitlyn today, so I can slowly get back into my routine.  (Kaitlyn's school is 6 minutes from my work, so I am usually in charge of pick up/drop off. Right now, Andrew has to back track to get to work after taking Kaitlyn)
8:23am- It's just me and my boy. He wakes up and I change him and feed him.
8:41-8:51am He's done and I put him in his swing so I can pump.  I've been pumping once a day in the morning since Zackary was 4 weeks old to build up my stash for when I go back to work. I get a good amount!

3 ounces, not too bad!
My stash
9:00am Breakfast time for me, I make coffee and have waffles. Zack is done with the swing, so I put him on his boppy for a change of scenery.
Chilaxin'
Waffles and watching Kelly & Michael, with Zack chilling on his boppy
Coffee in my Minnie cup
I love Kelly & Michael!  Still miss Regis, but I think Michael is a great co-host, he's pretty funny and he and Kelly have great chemistry.  
9:20am Zack is starting to get tired, so I nurse him to sleep.
9:38am Sleeping Baby
Sweet baby, getting too big for his bassinet!
This is my "me" time, while Zack sleeps.  I catch up on Facebook, check the work email and start some laundry.
11:00am Zack wakes up.  I change and feed him.
Zack's Faux-hawk
We hang out while I fold laundry and clean out his nursery.  I have a ton of hand me down clothes, so I organize those. 
Lots o' Piles
Getting that head up!
Playmat Time!
Zack's had enough play time!  He's down for another nap at 1:28pm.
My stomach is growling so I heat up some leftovers for lunch.
Mmmm Pizza
1:45pm I finish the laundry and decide to surf the TV to see what's on TV.....whoops I get sucked into New Moon! I really love all of the Twilight books, but man are the movies cheesy or what?  Still haven't seen the last one yet, I need to get on that, Stat!
3pm Zack is up and we do....you guessed it, a diaper change and eat!  We have some cuddle time before we have to pick up Kaitlyn.
Cuddle time!
4:15pm We leave to pick up Kaitlyn from school and are home at 5:20pm.
Going home
 It's a nice evening out, the evenings are finally starting to cool down a bit, so we play outside.  Kaitlyn gets on her tricycle and I put Zack in the stroller laying down.  I work with Kaitlyn on trying to pedal the bike by herself, and she actually gets it!  She pedals it a little by herself, she is so excited and I am so proud of her!
Riding her trike!
Hanging outside in the stroller
5:40pm We head back inside, so I can get dinner ready.  We are having marinated teriyaki chicken with pasta.  Simple, but yummy!  I put the chicken in the oven, and daddy gets home about 6:00pm.  We go outside again to show Daddy how Kaitlyn can ride her tricycle now! 
6:30pm Dinner is on the table
Dinner!
Eating Dinner

7:00pm All finished with dinner, I clean up the kitchen and Daddy plays with Kaitlyn.  They play with her castle and her new Snow White figurines she got for her birthday. I feed Zack and play with them afterwards.
7:40pm We start the bedtime routine.  Zack gets a bath tonight, Kaitlyn brushes her teeth and gets in her jammies.We watch Snow White for a little before she goes to bed with Daddy.
8-8:30pm I nurse and cuddle Zack, while he falls asleep nursing on me. 
8:50pm Zack in bed
9:00pm Andrew comes out of Kaitlyn's room, and we catch up on some shows together, and catch up together on our day.
10pm Shower and head to bed
Lights out at 10:30pm.

I'm pretty sure Zack slept through the night this night, Wahoo!
Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed a glimpse into our life! :)  Nothing too special, but it's ours!





















No comments:

Post a Comment