December 2014

December 2014

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

26 weeks

Yesterday marked my 26th week. Baby girl can now open her eyes! Of course I don't believe there is much of a view right now.......

Here is the official bump picture

How many weeks along: 26

Belly button innie or outtie: Innie, but almost to the point of it being flat!

Baby is the size of a(n): Eggplant! She weighs 2 pounds now!

Baby Movement: She's an acrobat! Not only can I feel her kicks, but I can actually feel her moving from one place to another. Last night Andrew was talking to her, and I swear she moved to get closer to him! Awwwwww :)

Any stretch marks? Still none!

Cravings? None really, though ice cream has been on my mind recently, probably because it's been so hot out!

Other pregnancy symptoms: Fingers and feet are swelling more frequently. I think it's the combination of the pregnancy and it being so HOT out!

Overall feeling: Still feeling good, although it is getting harder to do certain things....like work at my desk. I like to get under my desk real close sometimes, hard to do that with a belly protuding!

Have I mentioned how hot it has been recently? And it's only June! Today the temperature is supposed to get to about 95 with a heat index of 105! Good thing I work inside. I used to laugh when my mom told me stories of "the hottest summer in NJ" when she was pregnant with me. Looks like I may be telling my daughter the same story, HA!

So all of a sudden, I got some anxiety about the upcoming arrival of my daughter. When I think that I am 26 weeks pregnant, it doesn't bother me so much. But when I think I only have 14 weeks left.....EEEEKKKK!! And if I go as early as 3 weeks before, I only have 11 weeks, that's not a lot of time! There's still so much to do before then!

I also realized that this is the last week with no plans.....meaning after this week, we will be going, going. Next week starts our birthing classes (YAY!) and we have our next pre-natal appt. So from here on out we will have something going on each week, and at the beginning of July, we start going to the doctor every other week! Baby is coming whether we are ready or not!

So I'll leave you with a picture that I like.....it calms me....just me and my girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment