December 2014

December 2014

Friday, September 20, 2013

Kaitlyn Turns 3!

Happy happy Birthday to my sweet baby girl, Kaitlyn Rose!  She turned 3 this past weekend, and we had a great weekend celebrating HER!!

On Friday, we brought cupcakes into her classroom for everyone, and she wore her birthday shirt, and of course a tutu.
Cupcakes for her classmates!
One of her teachers even got her a present, awww!  A baby and a stroller.  Kaitlyn named her "muffin".  I'm pretty sure Kaitlyn is the teacher's pet ;)

On Saturday, her actual birthday, I got last minute tickets to go see Disney on Ice, Princess and Heroes. She loved it!  I got us the cheap seats, and they were actually really good!  We weren't close by any means, but we didn't have anyone on either side of us, so we had plenty of room to spread out.  And Kaitlyn needed her room, because she was up and down the whole time, dancing and singing.  The first part was 45 minutes, and then there was a 20 minute intermission. The second part was about 30 minutes.  It was just long enough to keep her attention, but the intermission was great because we got up to run around and have a potty break.
The Little Mermaid
Goofing around
Kaitlyn and her souvenir Ariel snow cone cup
Me and my girl
Sunday we had her birthday party at the park.  It was "Under the Sea" themed with the Little Mermaid.  We had it earlier in the day so it wouldn't be too hot, and so we would miss the normal afternoon Florida storms. Not only was there a playground, but they also had a splash park.  Kaitlyn had a blast, and was tuckered out by the time she got home!

The mermaid cake - my first time using fondant
Top left going clockwise: The cake, her little mermaid vinylmations, Ariel chilling, sand art, presents & cupcakes
Birthday girl opening her presents
Just before singing happy birthday!
Kaitlyn, happy birthday sweetheart.  You are such a joy in our life.  You are kind and so smart, you amaze me daily.  You're very shy when you meet new people, just like your mama.  But boy when you come out of your shell, there's no stopping you :) (Also just like your mama)  You can dance like nobody's business, I can't even do some of the moves you do!  You already have a wonderful, on pitch, singing voice (you definitely DON'T get that from me, but from your daddy) and I love hearing you sing all the time.  I love watching you grow and learn new things.  You just learned how to ride your tricycle ("That's because I'm THREE now!" You told me)
XOXOXOXOXOXO, Mommy



4 comments:

  1. Awww Happy Birthday to your little girl! My son just turned 3 in July, time sure does fly doesn't it?!!

    That's so fun you went to Disney on Ice! I actually just purchased tickets for us to go, but it's not until Jan, LOL. And her party looked so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! You will have a blast at Disney on Ice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the cake! It looks fabulous! LOVE the whole under the sea theme and love Kaitlyn's outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol! It was my first time covering a cake in fondant, and I really enjoyed working with it!

      Delete